School counselors are available to assist students with academic and career challenges. Students remain with the same counselor until graduation. Our counselors also serve as liaisons between teachers and parents.
Additional services provided by the Counseling Department include:
• Administer PSAT and ASVAB assessments
• Assist with completion of college, scholarship, grant and financial aid applications
• Assist with college and post-secondary career and technical program selections
• Monitor academic progress and credit completion
• Prepare student career plans
• Register students for SAT and ACT
• Schedule on-site college tours and visitations
Learning Support Services
Additional instructional assistance is available to students with special needs, as prescribed by their individualized education plan (IEP). Itinerant learning support services are offered in academic and occupational areas on an as-needed basis. Learning support teachers collaborate with academic and occupational teachers to ensure that students achieve their fullest potential.
Support Services for Students with Special Needs
Students with identified learning disabilities receive extra support while in school. Identified students are assigned a case manager who monitors their grades and communicates with the individualized education plan (IEP) managers at the students’ sending schools. Additionally, the case manager attends IEP meetings, supports transition to post-secondary schools, and provides additional support as needed.