The school counselor monitors academic progress and credit completion. Progress reports are sent home quarterly. Grades can be monitored on a daily basis through PowerSchool. All parents and guardians, as well as students, receive a letter from the guidance department at the beginning of the school year with a username, password and instructions for accessing grades. Please email the guidance secretary if you have misplaced your account information.
School counselors are available to assist students with academic and career challenges. Students remain with the same counselor until graduation. Our counselors also serve as liaisons between teachers and parents.
Students seeking guidance for job counseling, post secondary school applications, program or class changes, or for personal problems may request an appointment in the Guidance Office. Students should have a pass from their instructor in order to go to the office except in the case of an emergency.
- Additional services provided by the Counseling Department include:
- Administer PSAT and ASVAB assessments
- Assist with completion of college, scholarship, grant and financial aid applications
- Assist with college and post-secondary career and technical program selections
- Monitor academic progress and credit completion
- Prepare student career plans
- Register students for SAT and ACT
- Schedule on-site college tours and visitations
What are my options for attending TCHS?
What does the hybrid option look like?
If I select the hybrid option, how will I be transported to TCHS?
Will I have to wear a mask if I attend TCHS in-person using the hybrid model?
What is a health screening and why is it required each day if I attend TCHS in-person using the hybrid model?
Will I receive a notification if someone at the school has COVID-19?
What does the virtual option look like?
What happens if I change my mind about whether I want to do the hybrid or virtual option, can I change my selection?
What is TCHS doing to help keep students and staff safe while in the building?
Do I need to purchase a uniform?
What happens if I am planning to take a vacation or trip out-of-state after I start at TCHS?