Electrical OccupationsPA Department of Labor High Priority Occupation!
Students who are passionate about electronics and want their education to include hands-on building, installing and repairing of electrical systems will thrive in this program. Students will be provided with an understanding of safety, the handling of power tools, how to navigate a jobsite and an in-depth understanding of electricity. This program will allow students to navigate the National Electrical Code (NEC) and be well-positioned to pursue careers in the electrical trades.Sample Career SkillsBeginner:
- Understand industry safety standards for job sites, tool handling and working with electricity
- Identify electrical components and proper use
- Understand how to read, interpret and create blueprint drawings
- Install a variety of electrical circuit interrupters and electrical metallic tubing
- Review smart home design, installation and programming
- Evaluate and determine the electrical demand and consumption of energy needed for a given project or client
Certifications (6)Pennsylvania Skills CertificateCareerSafe OSHA 10 or 30Safety and Pollution 2Solar Photovoltaic Installation
CPR/First Aid Certificate
College Credits (5)Earn up to 5 college credits.
Workplace Opportunities (22)Some notable partners include: IDEAL, Amber Electric, A&D Electric, IBEW and more!The Department of Education provides a CIP Code to approved Programs of Study (POS). Schools and postsecondary institutions use the CIP code to categorize the POS, outline the scope and sequence of educational offerings and develop a POS task list. Click here to review the task list.