Sports Medicine-Allied Health
This program offers students who are interested in pursuing a career in athletic training, kinesiology, physical training, exercise science or medicine the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the field. Classroom instruction will help prepare students to be successful in a variety of placement opportunities in sports and physical therapy rehabilitation centers alongside professionals in the field. This program prepares students to pursue post-secondary opportunities or enter the workforce upon successful completion.Sample Career Skills
- Gain hands-on experience through rotations with local and regional physical rehabilitation centers
- Measure and record vital signs, such as: taking temperatures, pulse and blood pressure
- Perform CPR
- Conduct a patient assessment to identify potential injuries and develop treatment options
- Demonstrate the ability to tape, wrap and brace athletic injuries
- Properly use both ice and heat to treat injuries and provide patient relief
- Perform basic skills associated with athletic healthcare
- Learn the medical terminology and communication skills necessary to engage with patients and medical staff in an emergency
Certifications (3)American Heart Association CPR, American Heart Association First Aid and more!
College Credits (6)
Partners include: Penn Medicine, ATI Physical Therapy, Premier Orthopedics, Rothman Orthopedics and more!
Workplace Opportunities (5)Earn up to six college credits!