Minimum Hardware and Software Recommendations
BVA provides laptops to some of our students at the request of their school district. Other students access classes on their own computers at home.
Before taking BVA classes on your own computer, verify your computer meets the system requirements for BVA:
The minimum hardware recommendations are as follows:
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- CPU: 2.0 GHz processor
- Speakers or headphones and microphone
- 2GB of RAM
- Macintosh OS 10.7 or higher
- Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz
- Speakers or headphones and a microphone
- 2GB of RAM
- Mozilla Firefox web browser, Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or later.
- The most recent version of following Plug-ins*:
- Adobe Flash plugin
- Shockwave for Director plugin
- QuickTime Plug-in
- Java Plug-in
- Sliverlight Plug-in
- Macintosh computers: GarageBand
- Windows computers: Audacity (free download)
One of the following:
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint (Email BVA Info for academic discount options)
- LibreOffice for Macintosh or Windows, free download.*
- Google Docs is available to all students via their school provided e-mail account
Dependent on district partnership agreements, MacBook Air laptops may be available for student use during active enrollment.
*Note: links and installation instructions are shown in the BVA Software Installation Guidelines here.