Computer Information Systems-NetworkingPA Department of Labor High Priority Occupation!
The Computer Information Systems - Networking program prepares students for high demand careers in one of the fastest growing fields in the computer industry today. There is an emphasis on hands-on training in operating systems and networking equipment. Graduates are ready for post-secondary education and entry-level positions in the computer support, operations and networking fields.Sample Career SkillsBeginner:
- Learn about industry safety standards and practices
- Identify computer hardware parts
- Develop troubleshooting skills for a wide variety of issues
- Make repairs to hardware systems using industry standard tools
- Install a wireless network, including client configuration, access point placement and installation
- Configure hardware and software security devices, such as: network-based firewall, host-based firewall, DMZ, IDS, IPS and VPN concentrator
Certifications (7)Pennsylvania Skills CertificateTest Out Cisco Routing and SwitchingTest Out Client ProTest Out Linux ProTest Out Network ProTest Out PC ProTest Out Security Pro
College Credits (3)Earn up to 3 college credits.
Workplace Opportunities (2)Some notable partners include: Vanguard, Amerihealth Caritas and more!The Department of Education provides a CIP Code to approved Programs of Study (POS). Schools and postsecondary institutions use the CIP code to categorize the POS, outline the scope and sequence of educational offerings and develop a POS task list. Click here to review the task list.