Ready to join TCHS?
Admission to the Technical College High School is based on the following criteria:
- Aptitude for specific training (CareerScope)
- Attendance record
- Achievement record (grade point average)
- Student conduct
- Teacher recommendations (2)
- Career readiness essay
The Technical College High School will not discriminate in accepting students on the basis of gender, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnic background or disability. For students with disabilities, accommodations in or waivers of any of the foregoing criteria shall be made in accordance with the specific provisions of the Individualized Education Program (IEP), Accommodation Plan, or Service Agreement of each student, as long as the criteria actually considered objectively demonstrates that the student will derive meaningful vocational benefit from and can participate safely in the career and technical program to which he or she seeks admission.
Should it become necessary, quotas for each school district will be established based on:
- The ratio of the total ADM (grades 9-12) of each member district to the total ADM (grades 1-12) of all member districts.
- Students already attending TCHS will have priority and remain in attendance until courses are completed as long as their educational progress is satisfactory.
- If a participating district does not fill its quota of pupils, vacancies will be distributed among the participating districts' students.
- The highest ranking students (based on admission criteria) will be admitted first, regardless of district of residence.