The Internet is a useful educational tool available for student use providing that both the student and their parent/guardian sign and return the CCIU Acceptable Use Policy User Contract to the school administrator or their designee.
Violations of this policy will result in the loss of Internet privileges for a period of time dependent upon the seriousness of the policy violation. In addition to suspension of privileges, other disciplinary actions may be taken. These include, but are not limited to, parental conferences, suspension, restitution, and referral to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
Personal Laptop Policy
In order to maintain the security and integrity of TCHS Brandywine and CCIU networks and systems, student-owned laptops are not to be brought to and used in school. If a student requests an exception to this policy for an educationally necessary reason, the following steps must be taken:
1. The student shall first seek approval from their teacher stating the reason for making the request.
2. Once approved by the teacher, the request shall be submitted to a building administrator for approval.
3. Once administrative approval is obtained, the IT department must also review the request.
4. Once all approvals have been granted, Help Desk must check the computer to ensure it is virus free and protected and that its use will not adversely affect the school’s system and networks.
5. The student must finally agree to keep all virus protections up to date and agree to do nothing that would compromise the school’s network or systems. Violation of this policy may result in disciplinary action and the loss of computer privileges.
Download and print the Personally-Owned Computer Request Form