Brandywine Virtual Academy (BVA) serves students in grades K-12 through an expansive range of online course offerings that:
- Are available in full-year (1 credit) or half-year (0.5 credit) increments during the school year, as well as available during the summer as advancement or recovery.
- Range from core courses to elective courses, with additional academic, honors and AP levels available
- Align with Pennsylvania Department of Education standards and accommodate multiple learning styles, abilities and intelligences.
- Are infused with robust vocabulary, teaching and reinforcement practice, real world situations and various assessment strategies. WebQuests, audio files, videos, podcasts, online textbooks and online discussion boards are some of the ways that technology is integrated in our curriculum.
- Are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Students work through a course at their own pace, and a sample schedule is provided to assist with time management.
BVA sources curriculum from several vendors to provide the largest catalog possible and the most individualized course content for each learner:
- Odysseyware courses are more prescriptive, with a clear and linear path to completion that students find helpful and easy to navigate (best fit for most learners, particularly new online learners)
- EdGenuity provides direct-instruction video content for lessons, making online learning more interactive and personal (great for students who are not strong readers)
- FuelEd courses are provided in the Blackboard® Learning Management System and are more challenging, but offer the widest variety of AP and world language courses available