Join our professional learning team
The CCIU strives to develop and offer new and exciting programs that meet the needs of our learning community. Our models include: face-to-face, online and hybrid courses.We are seeking highly qualified and diverse instructors willing to write and deliver CPE courses.
Currently hold a graduate degree in field of coursework or demonstrated competencies.
Review course proposal guidelines:
- The course is related to achievement of the Pennsylvania academic standards.
- The course has been developed as a collegiate-level course.
- The course is standards-based.
- The course contains pertinent readings of recent research papers, articles, publications and/or textbooks relevant to course content and objectives.
- The course adds to the overall competency of participants and addresses the needs identified in the proposal.
- The course is designed to expand the professional educator’s skills and/or knowledge base.
- The instructor possesses a graduate degree or demonstrated competencies.
- The course requires participants to demonstrate attainment of the stated course competencies.
- The course has been developed as a post-baccalaureate course.
- The course builds on existing skills and knowledge of the participant through demonstrated prerequisites for enrollment.
- The course requires the writing of a paper, an individual action plan and/or other appropriate project having direct application to the professional educator’s area of assignment. This assessment project may be used to document the educator’s attainment of the course competencies.