Teacher Leadership Academy
Students who are interested in becoming a teacher or pursuing a career in education would be a great fit for this program. With Pennsylvania currently projecting a teacher shortage, Teacher Leadership Academy (TLA) offers students real-world experience in Chester County school districts that will help set them apart as they pursue a career in education. This program prepares students to pursue post-secondary opportunities upon successful completion.Sample Career Skills
- Present original lessons to students in a Chester County school
- Learn how to create, write and prepare industry-standard lesson plans
- Develop an education philosophy based on a review of education theory and experiences received as part of classroom internships
- Create a professional portfolio that can be used in college applications
- Participate in mock interviews with current teachers and administrators in the field to gain experience for the future
College Credits (6)Earn up to 6 college credits.Click here for more information on opportunities to earn college credit.
Workplace OpportunitiesPlacement opportunities available in all 12 Chester County public school districts.