Become a TCHS Student AmbassadorWhat is a TCHS Student Ambassador?Student Ambassadors are outstanding student leaders selected to represent TCHS in their school districts and in our community. Student Ambassadors demonstrate leadership, achievement in academics and their technical skill, and convey the significance of lifelong relationships built at a career and technical school. Ambassadors enjoy engaging with people, are committed to creating awareness about TCHS, and are excited about sharing their experiences with others. They are also positive role models to their peers at TCHS.What do Student Ambassadors do?Student Ambassadors serve as an official representative of TCHS in sending school district and within the community at all times. They will assist with some of the following activities and events:Participate in various on-campus events, including:
- A lead student in their program at two (2) or more Open Houses
- A school tour guide at one (1) additional event (such as the Brandywine Car Show, TCHS Take-Out Night or Pennock’s Bridge Community Day)
- Greeter at TCHS Staying Connected Event each year
- Updating a TCHS Bulletin Board in their school once per quarter (TCHS will provide new content and all materials)
- Delivering TCHS literature to the school guidance office
- Representing TCHS at Course Selection Nights or In-School Presentations with the TCHS Admissions team, as asked
- Speaking about TCHS on school morning announcements, as asked
- Providing a student testimonial and photograph for the TCHS official website, Facebook page, Twitter feed and Instagram channel
- As asked, recording brief interviews about TCHS and your program
- Acting as a Shadow Guide for visiting students, as asked;
- Welcoming new students on their first day at TCHS, as asked;
- Recruiting one (1) additional Student Ambassador per year
What are the benefits?
Who is eligible to become a TCHS Student Ambassador?
- Build communication and leadership skills
- Develop professional skills, knowledge and experience that will be useful in college and your career
- Network with other professionals and peers
- Build your resume
- Acquire new skills in communication, marketing and public relations
I'm interested! How do I apply?Applicants will be expected to:
- Must be a sophomore or junior
- Maintain good grades, attendance and behavior throughout the year
- Write a short essay on why you would make a good TCHS Ambassador and what TCHS means to you,
- Submit a signed photo release form,
- Submit a recommendation from your CTE instructor, and
- Submit a recommendation from one sending-school academic instructor.
A brief interview will be scheduled for all students who qualify, and acceptances will be announced at the end of the year with an induction ceremony at the beginning of the 2015-2016 school year.