Act 45 of 2007 defines continuing professional education requirements for all active school and system leaders employed in the following positions:
• Assistant or Vice Principals
• Assistant Superintendents
• Intermediate Unit (IU) Executive Directors
• Assistant IU Executive Directors
• Directors of Area Vocational-Technical Schools
Individuals employed in these positions under administrative certificates must earn their continuing professional education requirements in courses and programs that have received Pennsylvania Inspired Leaders (PIL) approval from the Secretary of Education.
All CCIU Act 45 offerings are PIL-approved programs