Integrative STEM Endorsement
The Chester County Intermediate Unit’s Integrative STEM endorsement program, in partnership with the Chester County Intermediate Unit’s Technical College High School (TCHS), will address the specific set of issues, knowledge and competencies that are relevant to teaching and learning Integrative STEM.
The program will prepare teachers to help students master academic standards and Integrative STEM skills. Through four blended courses, that include 10-15 hours of active project-based field experiences, each candidate will be immersed in issues, knowledge, and competencies relevant to teaching and learning best practices in Integrative STEM education across the curriculum. Candidates will also make connections with and gain knowledge and experience from workforce partners, with the goal of exploring career pathway connections that inform authentic instruction and assessment decisions.Complete four courses to become highly skilled in Integrative STEM• Design Process (July 6 - September 28, 2020)
• Curriculum and Methods (October 5 - December 11, 2020)
• Instructional Practices (January 4 - March 22, 2021)
• Assessment of Integrated Learning (March 29 - June 14, 2021)Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate, through online assignments and field projects, an informed perspective on major topics in Integrative STEM.
- Apply Integrative STEM practices in activities that involve small and large group discussions and written reflections.
- Understand the application of technology using Integrative STEM principles.
- Understand the core concepts and skills related to teaching Integrative STEM.
- Discover how field experiences can closely integrate with coursework, methods of inquiry, assessment practices and the goal of fostering Integrative STEM in the classroom.
Field Experience Projects
In each course, candidates will spend 10-15 hours in a project-based, job-embedded, field experience. Each project is developed in conjunction with the professional core competencies included in the coursework. School and/or workforce partner field experience projects will provide learning experiences that model Integrative STEM teaching and learning strategies.