• Accommodating Children with Special Dietary Needs in
    the School Nutrition Program
    If a child has been determined by a doctor to be disabled and the disability
    would prevent the child from eating the regular school meal, the school will
    make substitutions prescribed by the doctor. If a substitution is needed,
    there will be no additional charge for the meal.
    Schools MAY make substitutions for students who have a special dietary need, but
    do not meet the definition of disabled (ie. food intolerances), Lactose Free Milk/Pearl
    Soy Milk is available for those students with a non-disabling special dietary 
    need, such as milk intolerance, or due to cultural, religious or ethnic beliefs.
    Request for Fluid Milk substitution only (for non-disabled students) - Must be completed
    by Parent or Medical Authority before the substitution will be made.
    Request for Modifications/Substitutions for Special Dietary Needs - Must be completed by a State recognized medical authority (licensed physician, physician assistant,  certified registered nurse practitioner, or dentist). before the
    substitution will be made.
    Click here for more information and application packet.

    Nondiscrimination Statement


    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 


    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    (1)      Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

               Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

              1400 Independence Avenue, SW

              Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

    (2)     Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

    (3)     E-mail: program.intake@usda.gov.


    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

    And Justice for All