Our Early Care and Education Center provides an environment where children can learn in a variety of ways. Play and developmentally appropriate activities guided by the program staff are essential to our creative curriculum. Social skills, positive relationships and respect for self and others are highlights of the program.
Children are lovingly cared for while enjoying ample opportunities to develop a wide range of physical, cognitive and sensory motor skills. They learn about themselves and are encouraged to tap into their natural desire for independence while experiencing a myriad of interesting learning opportunities.
Schedule an appointment to visit our center! We welcome you to observe classes, meet our enthusiastic, caring staff and see the happy faces of the children who attend our programs. To schedule an appointment, please contact:
Director, ECEC Coatesville location
The Early Care & Education Center offers tuition rates per day, with each rate varying by the age of your child.
We offer special, discounted tuition rates for Chester County School District Employees.
Please contact us for specific tuition rates.
The CCIU Early Care & Education Center is designed with a balance between free play and structured activities, as well as small and large group activities. Our staff is experienced and has professional training in Early Childhood Education and ongoing Professional Development activities. Our classroom equipment is carefully selected to meet the developmental and learning needs of the children it serves.
Our educational curriculum covers a wide range of areas including gross and fine motor skills, language development and reading and math readiness. Creative expression is fostered through music, movement and art. Outdoor play, a quiet afternoon rest time and a nutritious afternoon snack are included in our daily program.
The CCIU Early Care & Education Center is dedicated to the education of the whole child through developmentally appropriate activities and experiences. Each child is encouraged to express their natural desire for independence while experiencing learning opportunities that support the development of social skills, positive relationships and respect for self and others in a safe environment.
Our curriculum covers a wide range, including gross and fine motor skills, language development and reading and math readiness. Creative expression is fostered through music, movement and art. Outdoor play, a quiet afternoon rest time and nutritious morning and afternoon snacks as well as lunch are provided in our daily program.
We believe activities should be fun, sensory and educational! We work one-on-one and in groups on the following activities that are a mix of play and progress:
- Block Area with unit blocks, animals, people
- Dramatic Play with dress-up clothes, play food, pots and pans, doctor’s kit and more
- Sensory with sand and water play
- Art featuring collages, glue, paints and developmentally appropriate supplies
- Library with a variety of age appropriate fact, fantasy and fiction
- Manipulative/Fine Motor Games like puzzles, pegboards, and sorting boxes
- Math/Numbers with scales, sequencing cards, counting objects and more
- Discovery & Science with nature collections, magnifying glasses and living objects
- Computer with developmentally appropriate software with supervised, limited use
- Music & Movement with scarves, instruments and music from around the world
- Outside/Gross Motor with climbing equipment, balls, push toys, swings, parachute
- and more!