Getting Started with the ASCA National Model
The framework of a comprehensive school counseling program
Deirdra Williams, Lead ASCA RAMP reviewer, school counselor, trainer, and mentor
February 27, 2020
455 Boot Road
Downingtown, PA 19335
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Target Audience: School counselors, administrators and anyone on the student support team
Do you work in a MyLearning Plan District? Login to MyLearning Plan before you click below to register and connect your account to this event!
In this workshop, you'll learn the ins and outs of the ASCA National Model and the framework of a comprehensive school counseling program: Define, Manage, Deliver and Assess. Discover how to align your school counseling program with the mission of the school and district and effectively demonstrate a change in student outcomes.
After attending this hands-on workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the components of the ASCA National Model, fourth edition
- Develop or improve the school counseling program through the structure of the Recognized ASCA National Model (RAMP)
- Explain how to collect and use school data
- Structure your school counseling program using action plans and calendars
- Engage with school stakeholders to develop and improve the school counseling program
- Discuss the Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP)
BEST FOR: School counselors, administrators and anyone in the student support team
Deirdra Williams has been a professional school counselor in Wake County Public Schools for over 16 years. Williams travels the state and country engaging K-12 school counselors with National Model topics in order to empower and increase their ability to produce effective documents, discuss and analyze data and connect with stakeholders.
CEUs will be available for licensed professional clinicians. This program is co-sponsored by Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research. As a CSWE accredited program, the Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research at Bryn Mawr College is a pre-approved provider of continuing education for social workers in Pennsylvania and many other states.
Lunch is on your own.