The Chester County Intermediate Unit provides courier services to deliver mail and other items between the IU's buildings, to/from Chester County district offices and schools, and to/from other member organizations.
The deadline for on-demand service is 2:00 p.m. the day before to be scheduled for next-day service:
- At ESC, items must be in the red bins in the courier area by 2:00 p.m. for priority or standard service.
- At other locations, the request for pickup must be made through the website by 2:00 p.m. for priority or standard service.
The deadline for using the blue bins at ESC for regularly scheduled service is 7:00 a.m. for same-day service.
TO GET SERVICE
Daily and Scheduled Service
Daily and scheduled service will be available through the use of the blue bins at ESC and the designated drop-off points in other locations. (The blue bins at ESC are located in the courier area on the first floor in front of the mailroom.)
- The next business day’s route will be scheduled at 2:00 p.m. the prior business day.
- At ESC, there will be two red bins in the courier area on the first floor: o The bin marked “priority” will be for next-business-day delivery.
- The bin marked “standard” will be for delivery within 72 business hours.
- In using the “standard” bin, please include the appropriate allocation code number on the envelope, as we may take your item to the post office either that afternoon or early the next morning. If you do not want an item put in the mail, please mark it with the “hand-deliver only” sticker available in the courier area.
Please remember that we visit every school district office once a day. When you send mail to district school buildings, you can put it in the school district’s blue bin and it will be delivered within two days.
For items being sent from ESC that do not fit into the bins, please leave them on the floor in front of the blue bins, as usual. Please place a “priority” sticker available in the courier area on the box or item if you require next-business-day delivery.
At locations other than ESC, please notify us through our website courier.cciu.org that you have something to be picked up.