Parent Mentor Overview
The parent mentor provides direct support to parents, students, and school districts in a variety of ways. A few of the services provided by the parent mentor include, but are not limited to:
- Parent consultation on special education regulations, rights, and timelines
- Training and support for parent networks
- Consultation and training on IEP meeting, Evaluation Reports, 504 service agreements, etc.
- Assistance with effective home-school partnerships
- Customized trainings for parents and educators
- Guidance on community supports throughout the county
For additional resources, please visit the Parent Mentor information page.