CalcuSolve is a competition that tests students’ problem-solving skills related to mathematics. Students participate both individually and as part of a 4-member team. During the course of the event, there will be two (2) team problems and seven (7) individual problems.
Team Problems (#1 and #9): Problems #1 and #9 will be solved by the team. Teams will go into a breakout room for 10 minutes to work on the problem. Within 10 minutes, they will need to submit their response via a provided electronic form. All groups will be required to include a picture of their work.
Individual Problems (#2 – #8): The problem will be shared with all participating students. After the problem is shared, students will have 5 minutes to work on the problem. After 5 minutes, a hint will be shared and then students will have an additional 3 minutes to work on the problem and submit their response.
The competitions will take place virtually via the Zoom platform.
Schedule of events:
- 9 - 12 grade level - 8:30 - 10:00 AM
- 7 - 8 grade level - 10:30 - 12:00 PM
- 5 - 6 grade level - 12:30 - 2:00 PM
There will be a participation fee of $20 per team.
1. All participating students will need an internet connected device (computer or cell phone) to access the Zoom platform.
2. The event will not be recorded. In addition, students will not be required to have their camera on.
3. Students are permitted to use calculators during the event. The use of any problem solving apps (e.g. Photomath) is not permitted.