The School Districts of Chester County Recruiting Consortium was formed by the Chester County Public School Districts to search for and identify quality, certificated professionals. We seek the best possible candidates to teach in our schools. We want the highest quality of individuals to work with our children. They deserve only the best!
Prospective teachers are interviewed at career fairs and campus visitations by representatives of the School Districts of Chester County, Pennsylvania Recruiting Consortium.
Each interviewed candidate is asked a series of questions during the screening interview. Responses are evaluated by the interviewer. A rating is then prepared for review by participating school districts. Candidates are contacted directly by interested districts with vacancies. Candidates should visit each district’s individual web site to determine the appropriate process for applying to that district.
- Chester County public schools educate 70,000 students.
- Chester County public schools employ over 6,000 administrative and professional staff.
- Over 20 Chester County public schools have been selected as winners in the U.S. Department of Education’s Elementary and Secondary School Recognition Program.
- 80% of Chester County’s public school graduates continue their education at colleges, universities, and other post-secondary institutions.
- On average, fifth-grade students in Chester County’s public schools score 80 points higher than the state average in mathematics on the Pennsylvania State School Assessment (PSSA) and 86 points higher in reading.
About Chester County
- Suburban Chester County has something to offer everyone. Art, history and nature lovers can take advantage of easily accessible attractions such as the Brandywine River Museum with its permanent Wyeth collection, Valley Forge Memorial Park, Longwood Gardens and Pennsylvania Dutch country, as well as many state and county parks situated in and around Chester County.
- Chester County offers an abundance of fine dining and a lively nightlife. The nearby cities of Philadelphia and Wilmington offer cultural amenities, first-run plays, museums, and major and minor league sporting events. Resorts are within easy driving distance, including: the Pocono ski areas, the Delaware, Maryland and New Jersey beaches and the Chesapeake Bay area.
Chester County School Districts
Chester County school districts are continuing to grow. This growth is creating exciting employment opportunities in the field of education. Our public school teachers enjoy generous compensation packages, including:
- Competitive salaries (starting salaries range from $43,000 to $51,397 a year)
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement programs
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- One of the best retirement plans in the nation
Chester County school districts provide a safe and secure learning environment that focuses on the individual needs of each student. Although Chester County public schools have a high proportion of academically-oriented students, its public schools provide a variety of educational opportunities to meet the needs of all its students, including career-oriented and special needs students.