Electronics Systems TechnologyStudents who are interested in the field of robotics and aerospace engineering would benefit from enrolling in this program. Students who gain hands-on experience and theoretical knowledge necessary to produce, calibrate, test, assemble, install and perform maintenance on electronic equipment. The experience gained in this program provides students with a head start in pursuing electronics in college or by entering directly into the workforce.
Sample Career Skills
- Learn about OSHA industry-standard safety regulations
- Identify, select and demonstrate proper hand tool use for electronics work
- Apply the concept of Ohm's Law to determine current, voltage or resistance
- Demonstrate types and usage of a soldering iron/desoldering equipment
- Construct and analyze the phase shift between input and output of an inverting IC Op-Amp
- Have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through a co-op, internship or job placement with a real-world employer
CertificationsCertified Electronics Technican Associate (CETA) CertificateFanuc RoboticsSafety and Pollution 2 (SP2)Soldering Certificate (CEA)Student Electronics Technician (SET) Certificate
College CreditsOpen Dual Enrollment CreditsDelaware County Community CollegeConcurrent Dual Enrollment CreditsDelaware County Community CollegePennsylvania College of TechnologySOAR CreditsClarion UniversityLehigh Carbon Community CollegeMontgomery County Community CollegePennsylvania College of TechnologyThaddeus Stevens College of Technology1:1 Articulation CreditsPittsburgh Technical InstituteSt. Francis University
Workplace OpportunitiesUpperclassmen may be hired at local companies, such as: BOY Machine, Inc., Haverford Systems and IFM Effector. Co-ops allow students to work during their school day, earn real-world experience and build their resumes.The Department of Education provides a CIP Code to approved Programs of Study (POS). Schools and postsecondary institutions use the CIP code to categorize the POS, outline the scope and sequence of educational offerings and develop a POS task list. Review the task list.
Last Modified on May 18, 2020