Brandywine Virtual Academy (BVA) serves students in grades K-12 through an expansive range of online course offerings that:
- Are available in full-year (1 credit) or half-year (0.5 credit) increments during the school year, as well as available during the summer as advancement or recovery.
- Range from core courses to elective courses, with additional academic, honors and AP levels available
- Align with Pennsylvania Department of Education standards and accommodate multiple learning styles, abilities and intelligences.
- Are infused with robust vocabulary, teaching and reinforcement practice, real-world situations and various assessment strategies. WebQuests, audio files, videos, podcasts, online textbooks and online discussion boards are some of the ways that technology is integrated in our curriculum.
- Are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Students work through a course at their own pace, and a sample schedule is provided to assist with time management.
The Accelerate Education curriculum offers rich and engaging content that has been carefully designed to meet the standards required by states. Students are engaged in a variety of activities and assessments appropriate to the courses being studied, including labs, journals, written assignments, discussions, group and individual projects, formative assessments, objective tests and written exams.
Edgenuity provides direct-instruction video content for lessons, making online learning more interactive and personal. They offer a large selection of unique and interesting electives. Edgenuity is a good fit for those students who are not strong readers.
Today, with over 140 courses, eDynamic is the largest publisher of career ready and skill-based electives in North America. eDynamic provides educators with the opportunity to create a learning environment where students have options, are engaged and energized and want to learn. The dependable user-friendly design, consistently high-quality content and flexible framework let educators deliver courses with their creativity, knowledge and skill.
FuelEd courses are provided in the Blackboard® Learning Management System and are more challenging, but offer the widest variety of AP and world language courses available.
Odysseyware (ODY) courses are prescriptive, with clear and linear paths to completion that students find helpful and easy to navigate. ODY is a good fit for most learners, particularly those who are new to online learning.
A $30 administrative fee will be added for each student registration.
Students may drop or withdraw from a course within the first twenty (20) school days of enrollment for full credit (1.0) courses or within ten (10) school days of enrollment for half credit (0.5) courses. In the case of a private-pay registration (where the parent or student is paying for the course), it is the responsibility of the student or parent to contact BVA in writing to request that a course be dropped. If a student withdraws from a course more than twenty (20) or ten (10), as appropriate, school days from enrollment, they will be responsible for the full cost of the course.
We kindly ask school districts located in Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties to call our offices for pricing.