The Barbering program provides creative, business-oriented students with the skills necessary to successfully obtain licensure in the state of Pennsylvania, begin employment as a barber stylist and develop a business plan for those students interested in owning their own business.Sample Career SkillsBeginner:
- Learn industry safety standards
- Demonstrate basic shampooing and draping techniques on actual clients
- Perform basic hair cutting, shaving and facial services
- Learn the basics of owning and operating a barbershop
- Perform advanced hair cutting, shaving and facial techniques on actual customers
- Demonstrate skills to successfully pass the Pennsylvania State Licensing Exam
Pennsylvania State Board of Barbering LicenseEarn up to 3 college credits!Click here for more information on opportunities to earn college credit. ESome notable partners include: Lacca Distributing, Coatesville Veterans Hospital and more!The Department of Education provides a CIP Code to approved Programs of Study (POS). Schools and postsecondary institutions use the CIP code to categorize the POS, outline the scope and sequence of educational offerings and develop a POS task list.