CarpentryPA Department of Labor High Priority Occupation!
Unlike traditional woodshop electives, the Carpentry program offers students a more comprehensive, in-depth exploration of carpentry and construction. Students in this program will get extensive hands-on experience that prepares them to directly enter careers in the residential, commercial and home improvement construction industry.Sample Career SkillsBeginner:
- Understand industry safety standards
- Properly identify and use hand tools, blueprints and measuring devices
- Properly use and maintain hand and stationary power tools
- Construct floor systems, walls, windows and door openings
- Build simple and complex roof structures and stairs
- Hang and finish drywall, install finish trim on the interior of structures and install doors and cabinets
Certifications (4)OSHA 10-Hour CertificationSP2 Safety & Pollution Prevention CertificationPennsylvania Skills CertificateNOCTI Certification
College Credits (5)Earn up to 5 college credits.
Workplace Opportunities (10)Some notable partners include: Tague Lumber, the Borough of Downingtown, Sterling Kitchen & Bath and more!The Department of Education provides a CIP Code to approved Programs of Study (POS). Schools and postsecondary institutions use the CIP code to categorize the POS, outline the scope and sequence of educational offerings and develop a POS task list. Click here to review the task list.