Commercial & Graphic Arts
PA Department of Labor High Priority Occupation!
The Commercial & Graphic Arts program is based on industry standards that prepare creative students for admission to post-secondary art schools and entry-level employment in the graphic communications industry. Upon completion of the program, students have a portfolio of their work to present to prospective employers and college admissions officers.Sample Career SkillsBeginner:
- Show basic skills in Adobe Creative Cloud applications: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Research careers in the Visual Arts
- Demonstrate basic photography, studio lighting and portrait photography skills
- Apply design and color theory concepts
- Learn publication design, typography and branding
- Use automation, animation and scripting for production
- Develop an electronic and traditional portfolio
Certifications (2)Adobe Creative Cloud Suite CertificationPennsylvania Skills Certificate
College Credits (2)Earn up to 2 college credits.Click here for more information on opportunities to earn college credit.
Workplace Opportunities (8)Some notable partners include: Denron Signs, PRO Signs, Blue Dog Print & Design, the Chester County Art Association and more!The Department of Education provides a CIP Code to approved Programs of Study (POS). Schools and postsecondary institutions use the CIP code to categorize the POS, outline the scope and sequence of educational offerings and develop a POS task list. Review the task list.