About the CCRES Scholarship
The CCIU Practical Nursing Program (PNP) is excited to announce that CCRES is providing scholarship opportunities to both new and returning PNP students. A total of 50 scholarships in the amount of $2,500 each will be awarded to qualified PNP students for use toward school tuition.
CCRES specializes in providing over 1,500 professional, dedicated staff members to meet the needs of children and adults challenged by autism, behavioral health issues, mental illness, intellectual/developmental disabilities and physical disabilities. They work in collaboration with school districts, intermediate units and the behavioral health system. Learn more about CCRES.
- New student applicants must be enrolled and successfully complete Level I with a grade point average of ≥85% and have unmet financial need of at least $2,500.
- Returning student applicants must have successfully completed at least two terms (levels) and met all academic requirements with a grade point average ≥85% and have unmet financial need of at least $2,500.
- A completed application must include all of the following:
- Scholarship application
- A typed one page, single-spaced, 12-point font essay on what contributions you will bring to practical nursing and why you should be awarded the scholarship. Type your name and the name of your Practical Nursing Program at the top of the page.
- Validation form that documents enrollment, grade point average, attendance and financial need.
- Recommendation from one faculty instructor or Practical Nursing Director.
- Please send only the required items. Any additional items received, such as a transcript, will not be used in the selection process.
- Completed applications must be received no later than:
- February 1, 2022, for winter cohorts
- May 1, 2022, for spring cohorts
- Academic and clinical performance with grade point average for students ≥ 85%
- Unmet financial need of at least $2,500.
- Satisfactory attendance as defined by Practical Nursing Program
- Recommendation from a faculty instructor or Practical Nursing Program Director
- Quality of essay
The scholarship recipients will be notified by mail or through the recipient’s program director. Checks will be made co-payable to the recipient and the educational institution.