Criminal Justice & Police SciencesPA Department of Labor High Priority Occupation!
The Criminal Justice & Police Sciences program prepares students for post-secondary education, careers in the military and entry-level employment in the protective services field. Students who possess integrity, fairness and a desire to protect and serve will be interested in this program.Sample Career Skills
- Be introduced to criminal law, civil law and court procedures
- Lift a latent fingerprint with powder using proper processes and protocol
- Secure a mock crime scene, including: securing a scene, identifying and properly packaging evidence and identifying processing procedures
- Learn about court procedures by examining court cases and participating in mock trials
- Prepare for careers in patrol and physical security, operations center for monitoring surveillance and domestic and international counterterrorism
- Complete industry-related training and certification
Certifications (8)CPR/First Aid (American Heart) Certificate
CareerSafe OSHA 10
FEMA Incident Command System 100, 200, 700
FEMA Active Shooter Response 900
Hazard Material Identification
Red Cross CPR Certification
Red Cross First Aid Certification
Red Cross AED Certification
College Credits (6)Earn up to 6 college credits.Click here for more information on opportunities to earn college credit.
Workplace Opportunities (11)Some notable partners include: Chester County Department of Emergency Services, Downingtown Police, Chester County Sheriffs and more!The Department of Education provides a CIP Code to approved Programs of Study (POS). Schools and postsecondary institutions use the CIP code to categorize the POS, outline the scope and sequence of educational offerings and develop a POS task list. Review the task list.