Health Career PathwaysPA Department of Labor High Priority Occupation!
Students who are interested in helping others, working in a team environment and being a part of a field with a lot of opportunities for growth are encouraged to enroll in the Health Career Pathways program. In this program, students will acquire the skills to be valuable members of any healthcare team. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more workers are hired in the healthcare industry than in any other industry, and the trend is expected to continue.Sample Career SkillsBeginner:
- Understand how healthcare teams communicate, interact and practice
- Learn industry standard procedures for both patient safety and infection control
- Demonstrate direct patient care skills, including: patient grooming, rehabilitation and restorative care, vital signs and oxygen management
- Understand human growth and development by visiting and observing early childhood programs
- Learn medical terminology and study human anatomy
- Chart on real-life healthcare flow sheets to record patient data
Certifications (7)AMCA Medical Assisting Clinical & Clerical Certificate/Medical Assisting Certificate
CPR/First Aid Certificate
Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogen Certificate
OSHA-10 Safety Certificate
Pennsylvania Skills Certificate
Personal Care Home Direct Care Staff Certificate/Direct Care Worker Certificate
College Credits (3)Earn up to 3 college credits.
Workplace Opportunities (15)Some notable partners include: Brandywine Hospital, Delaware County Hospital, Community Volunteers in Medicine, Relative Care, Temple University and more!The Department of Education provides a CIP Code to approved Programs of Study (POS). Schools and postsecondary institutions use the CIP code to categorize the POS, outline the scope and sequence of educational offerings and develop a POS task list. Click here to review the task list.