PA Department of Labor High Priority Occupation!This program is a great fit for students who are interested in using their hands and their minds to find solutions to everyday problems. In this program, students can expect to learn how to use industry standard tools, basic wiring and advanced electronics. This program prepares students to pursue a career or college.Sample Career SkillsBeginner:
- Identify and use industry standard tools
- Learn about OSHA industry standard safety regulations
- Assemble piping and tubing
- Understand electrical and control wiring and build a circuit
- Learn and practice sheet metal fabrication
- Install a full HVAC system
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot HVAC equipment
American Ladder Inst.
EPA Section 608 Refrigerant Recovery Certificate
Pennsylvania Skills Certificate
TracPipe/CounterStrikeEarn up to 5 college credits.Click here for more information on opportunities to earn college credit.Some notable partners include: Brandywine Valley HVAC, 3B Services, Brandywine Hospital, Mack Services Group and more!The Department of Education provides a CIP Code to approved Programs of Study (POS). Schools and postsecondary institutions use the CIP code to categorize the POS, outline the scope and sequence of educational offerings and develop a POS task list. Review the task list.