Upon completion of the PNP, the graduate will:
- Practice as a novice healthcare team member within the framework established by the Nurse Practice Act of the State of PA.
- Develop a spirit of inquiry to promote personal and professional growth.
- Utilize the nursing process to provide safe, holistic care to diverse populations in a variety of settings.
- Integrate clinical reasoning and evidence-based practice to promote high quality, safe and effective care.
- Demonstrate collaborative communication to advocate for the clients, families and groups.
- Apply leadership and management principles to achieve quality and safety outcomes.
*Revised December 2018
The Chester County Intermediate Unit Practical Nursing Program in Downingtown, PA in accordance with ACEN standards is accredited by the: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000, www.acenursing.org. The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the CCIU Practical nursing program in Feb 2018 is: Continuing Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at: https://www.acenursing.org/search-programs/