The CCIU administers approximately 25% of the special education services offered in Chester County and serves nearly 3500 students from 3 through 21 years of age.
Seventy-five percent of these students receive services in school district classrooms; the remainder attend the Child and Career Development Center, the Technical College High School (TCHS) Brandywine, Pennock's Bridge and Pickering Campuses, a variety of alternative-education programs, and a variety of treatment specific special education programs.
The CCIU provides the following education programs and services for children with disabilities:
- Autism Support
- Autism Support - CATCH Team
- Behavioral & Mental Health Services
- Blind/Visually Impaired Itinerant Services
- Child & Career Development Center
- Community Based Instruction
- Deaf/Hearing Impaired Services
- Preschool Special Education Services
- Psychological Services
- Instruction in the Home
- Interagency Collaboration
- Learning Support Programs
- Life Skills Support
- Multi-Disability Support Programs
- School Psychology Department Lending Library
- Speech/Language Program
- Transition to Adult Life
For more information on special education programs operated by the CCIU, please call 484-237-5057 or 484-237-5122/DeafRelay@cciu.org.