Electromechanical Engineering TechnologyPA Department of Labor High Priority Occupation!
Students who are excited about exploring, creating and designing solutions to everyday problems would be an excellent fit for this program. Students will gain experience and knowledge about electrical systems, mechanical systems and computer systems, which are vital to engineering, manufacturing and automation. This program prepares students to combine engineering principles with hands-on experience to prepare them for both college and related careers.Sample Career SkillsBeginner:
- Design and assemble simple robotic systems
- Plan, build and troubleshoot electrical and electronic systems
- Build and troubleshoot hydraulic systems
- Program and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers
- Design, build and troubleshoot mechanical, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic automated systems with multiple controls
- Gain hands-on experience through a co-op, internship or job placement with a real-world employer
Certifications (9)PMMI Mechatronics Certifications
Fluid Power I
Industrial Electricity I
Motor & Motor Controls
Programmable Logic Controllers (PCC’s) I
Fanuc Robot Programmer
General Industry Safety (OSHA)
International Siemens Mechatronics
College Credits (6)Earn up to 6 college credits.Click here for more information on opportunities to earn college credit.
Workplace Opportunities (20)Some notable partners include: Canon Solutions of America, Southco Inc., Pepperidge Farms and more!The Department of Education provides a CIP Code to approved Programs of Study (POS). Schools and postsecondary institutions use the CIP code to categorize the POS, outline the scope and sequence of educational offerings and develop a POS task list. Review the task list.