Community Health Pathway-Allied Health
Students who are interested in becoming a teacher or pursuing a career in education would be a great fit for this program. With Pennsylvania currently projecting a teacher shortage, Teacher Leadership Academy (TLA) offers students real-world experience in Chester County school districts that will help set them apart as they pursue a career in education. This program prepares students to pursue post-secondary opportunities upon successful completion.Sample Career Skills
- Gain hands-on experience through rotations across a wide variety of clinical settings, which may include: hospitals, ambulances, extended care, clinics and outpatient settings
- Learn about infection control and isolation precautions, such as: gowning, gloving and masking
- Learn proper body mechanics for patient transfer techniques
- Measure and record vital signs, such as: taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and blood pressure
- Perform CPR
- Learn the medical terminology and communication skills necessary to engage with members of the community and medical staff
- Practice academic and writing skills, such as: clinical reflections, research paper and APA style, which gives students a competitive advantage in post-secondary pursuits
OSHA 10 Hours
American Heart Association CPR for Health Care Providers
CPR & AED for Adult, Child, Infant
FEMA National Incident Command (NIMS) 100, 200, 700, 800
College Credits (3)Earn up to 3 college credits.Click here for more information on opportunities to earn college credit.
Workplace Opportunities (4)Placement opportunities include: the Coatesville Veterans Affairs Medical Center and more!