- Chester County Intermediate Unit
- Featured Student Event Articles
Student Invention Convention
Date: May 15, 2018
Time: 6 PM to 8 PM
Location: CCIU Educational Services Center, 455 Boot Road, Downingtown, PA, 19335
Eligibility: Grades 4-8
Theme: Make the World a Better Place
Chester County students in grades 4-8 are invited to use design thinking, creativity, and problem-solving skills to prototype an invention that will make the world a better place. Open to individual students and teams of up to three students. Use any materials you can access. There are no limits to the invention that you can create. Let your creativity soar!
- Design and Create a prototype
- Prototype does not have to be completely built for your video entry; you can submit a video pitch even if your prototype is still under construction.
- Record a video pitch (not to exceed 3 minutes) of your invention and tell us:
- What is your invention
- Why you designed and created your invention
- How you designed and created your invention
- How your invention "Makes the World a Better Place"
- Submit an entry to have your pitch and idea reviewed:
- Students may work as an individual or team
- Begin your entry by providing name(s) and contact info at a minimum
- Limit of one entry per student/team
- By April 20th:
- Complete your entry by adding full details and video link
- Semi-finalists: Top entries will be selected, six at each level
- Semi-Finalists will be notified by email no later than April 30, 2018
- Semi-Finalists will pitch their invention to hundreds of educators, students and parents at the Learning Transformed District Showcase on May 15, 2018 from 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Finalists: 12 entries will be selected, six at each level
- Finalists will receive awards for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place. Award amounts to be announced.
Questions? Please contact Diane Thomson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-237-5017
Made possible by a grant from CCRES
Our First Student Invention Convention was held in conjunction with the DETC 17 Design Your Horizon Conference on Saturday, October 21, 2017
The winners are as follows:
Project -Spyder Pump