Automotive Service TechnologyPA Department of Labor High Priority Occupation!
For students who are interested in working on cars, the Automotive Service Technology program provides a structured, hands-on and inclusive environment to explore their passion. This program is focused on teaching both the theoretical and hands-on skills necessary to provide a wide variety of service and maintenance to automobiles.
Sample Career SkillsBeginner:
- Identify and learn service procedures for brake systems
- Learn the basics of electrical systems in cars
- Perform alignment procedures on automobiles and light trucks
- Identify and perform service procedures on front and rear suspension systems
- Perform service procedures on automotive fuel, ignition and computer systems engines
- Test procedures on vehicle electronic components and systems
Certifications (5)Mobile Air Conditioning Society CertificateNATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation) Attendance CertificatePennsylvania Skills CertificateS/P2 SafetySnap On Meter Certification 504
College Credits (3)Earn up to 3 college credits.
Workplace Opportunities (7)Some notable partners include: Last Chance Garage, AF Thomas Automotive, Penski Truck and more!The Department of Education provides a CIP Code to approved Programs of Study (POS). Schools and postsecondary institutions use the CIP code to categorize the POS, outline the scope and sequence of educational offerings and develop a POS task list. Click here to review the task list.