Criminal Justice & Police SciencesPA Department of Labor High Priority Occupation!
The Criminal Justice & Police Sciences program prepares students for post-secondary education, careers in the military and entry-level employment in the protective services field. Students who possess integrity, fairness and a desire to protect and serve will be interested in this program.Sample Career Skills
- Be introduced to criminal law, civil law and court procedures
- Lift a latent fingerprint with powder using proper processes and protocol
- Secure a mock crime scene, including: securing a scene, identifying and properly packaging evidence and identifying processing procedures
- Learn about court procedures by examining court cases and participating in mock trials
- Prepare for careers in patrol and physical security, operations center for monitoring surveillance and domestic and international counterterrorism
- Complete industry-related training and certification
CertificationsCPR/First Aid CertificateFEMA NIMS -- 100, 200 & 700Pennsylvania Skills Certificate
College CreditsOpen Dual Enrollment CreditsDelaware County Community CollegeConcurrent Dual Enrollment CreditsHarrisburg University of Science and TechnologyPennsylvania College of TechnologySOAR CreditsHarcum CollegeManor CollegeMontgomery County Community CollegeReading Area Community College1:1 Articulation CreditsPittsburgh Technical CollegeSt. Francis UniversityClick here for more information on opportunities to earn college credit.
Workplace OpportunitiesUpperclassmen may be hired at local companies, such as the Chester County Juvenile Probation Department. Co-ops allow students to work during their school day, earn real-world experience and build their resumes.The Department of Education provides a CIP Code to approved Programs of Study (POS). Schools and postsecondary institutions use the CIP code to categorize the POS, outline the scope and sequence of educational offerings and develop a POS task list. Click here to review the task list.