• Human Resources Frequently Asked Questions

    Below are the answers to our employees' most frequently asked questions. If you do not find the answer to your question below, please call the Human Resources Department at 484-237-5085. Thank you.
    Quick Links:
    General Information

    Address Changes

    Send in writing your change of address and/or phone number to Human Resources.
    Also, complete a new W-4
    and the appropriate Local Earned Income Tax Certificate of Residency Form that matches the new address for IRS purposes.
    You can also log into your Frontline Central account and complete both documents digitally by visiting "My Forms" and then scrolling through the forms under the "Forms I can Start tab."
    Human Resources will change your address with the Independence Blue Cross, United Concordia and Vision Benefits of America.

    Name Changes

    Provide your new original social security card to Human Resources or a verified copy. A verified copy is a copy of the card that has been made by a building secretary, with the words "verified original" and the date marked on the copy. Also, complete a new W-4
    and the appropriate Local Earned Income Tax Certificate of Residency that matches the new name for IRS purposes.
    You can also log into your Frontline Central account and complete both documents digitally by visiting "My Forms" and then scrolling through the forms under the "Forms I can Start" tab.

    Jury Duty

    A copy of your summons should be sent to Human Resources. You should use the Frontline Absence Management system to report your absence. A copy of your check stub for payment of jury duty should be sent to the Payroll Department. The Payroll Department will deduct your payment for jury duty (not mileage reimbursement) from your next paycheck.

    Tuition Reimbursement

    Please refer to your employee handbook or contract for specific details relating to reimbursement for your employee group.

    Absence Management Leave Reporting System

    All absences (whether, or not, a substitute is required) for IU staff are to be reported to the Absence Management Reporting System

    This includes: sick, personal and bereavement days; leaves without pay; conference days; in-service days; jury duty; etc. All absences requiring a substitute should be put into the system as soon as possible.  Please do not wait until the day before to put in your absence as this may result in no substitute coverage for that day. In the event, an emergency arises after you are at work and it is too late to enter your absence, you must contact your immediate supervisor for approval for use of leave for any reason. Upon return, please contact us at 484-237-5085 or hr@cciu.org to make sure your absence is recorded.

    Job Postings

    Employees will be notified of all existing vacancies by appropriate job postings. Postings will occur in each location where there are four or more IU operated classes. These notices will be posted for 10 days in each building. Vacancies will also be published in the Exchange that is distributed with each paycheck.

    Photo IDs

    Photo identification cards are provided when an employee is hired. If an identification card is lost or misplaced, email hr@cciu.org to request a replacement. A fee of $5.00 will be charged for any employee requesting more than two identification cards.

    Smoking Policy

    The School Tobacco Control Act (Act 128 of 2000) prohibits the use of tobacco in any form in school buildings, in school vehicles, and on all school property. This prohibition extends to all buildings or other forms of property owned by, leased by, or under the control of a school district.

    Frontline Central 

    CCIU HR utilizes the HR records system Frontline Central. Frontline Central holds HR records digitally giving you access to your personnel information, including contact information and position history. You can complete a variety of HR forms through the site including W4, direct deposit, local income tax, healthy lifestyle, leave of absence, as well as others.

    If you already have an account, you can log in with your username and password by visiting the website Frontline Central website. For any questions regarding your username or password, please contact us at hr@cciu.org.

    To assist in your use of Frontline Central below are links to the Frontline Central User Guide and FAQs. These will help you better navigate the system, find where things are located, and answer any questions you may have. 

    Frontline Central User Guide

    Frontline FAQs

    Payroll Questions

    Explanation of Salary

    Employees starting after the beginning of the school year will receive an explanation of their salary payment with their first paycheck.

    Payroll Calendars

    Direct Deposit

    Direct deposit is available to any financial institution. You may have your paycheck deposited to a maximum of two savings accounts and two checking accounts.
    Click here for Direct Deposit Form
    You can also log into your Frontline Central account and complete this document digitally by visiting My Forms and then clicking on the Forms I Can Start tab.

    iPay is now my.adp.com  (Paperless Paychecks and W2's)

    Paperless paychecks offer you access to your earning statements and W-2 forms 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. My.ADP.com will not affect your direct deposit, it is a way to view your paycheck and earning statements. You can view and print copies of your paystubs directly from this website.

    As an added benefit, pay statements through my.ADP.com will be available two days before payday, paper paychecks will not be available until the actual pay date.

    If you have any questions regarding your my.ADP.com setup or login, please contact your HR Generalist directly for the required registration passcode.  Registration Process
    If you ever forget your user ID or password please follow these simple steps to gain access again. Forgot ID or Password Help 

    W4 Changes

    Changes to your W-4 withholdings should be submitted to the payroll department. Please click on the link to the form below and be sure to complete the entire bottom portion of the form.

    W-4 Form
    You can also log into your Frontline Central account and complete this document digitally by visiting "My Forms" and then clicking on the "Forms I Can Start" tab.

    Local Services Tax

    A new law has changed the name and several features of the Emergency Municipal Services Tax levied by most municipalities in Pennsylvania. Please read the LST Changes Memo for more detail.

    LST Changes Memo

    LST Exemption Form

    LST Refund Form

    Tax Sheltered Annuities (TSA)

    The Chester County Intermediate Unit offers employees an option to enroll in a tax-sheltered annuity or 403(b) plan. A 403(b) plan is a deferred compensation retirement agreement that may be entered into only by employees of public educational systems and of other specific tax-exempt organizations. If you are interested in starting a TSA plan, please contact our third-party administrator, TSA Consulting Group. Click the link below to be redirected to TSA and learn more about the Chester County IU 403(b)plan. Once you are on the site you can click on plan sponsor pages, then select PA and Chester County IU 24.
    PSERS Retirement Benefits Questions

    Eligibility Requirements for PSERS

    All full-time or part-time salaried employees of a school employer must be enrolled as a member of PSERS. An hourly or per-diem employee is enrolled as a member after 500 hours or 80 days of employment.

    Plan Booklet

    An informational packet will be sent to you by PSERS after your enrollment application has been processed.

    Annual Retirement Account Statement

    PSERS will send you an annual account statement each September.

    Go to the PSERS website to find any information you need regarding your account. This site contains a number of forms which will be useful to you. Any and all inquiries regarding your individual account should be directed to PSERS by viewing their website or calling 1-888-773-7748.

    PSERS Retirement Requirements

    Attend a general information session and attend an individual counseling session. Dates of the general information sessions can be found on the PSERS website.

    General Benefits Information
    Health Insurance Notices
    The Notice of Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options advises employees of the existence and availability of the new health insurance marketplace.
    The Notice of Privacy Practices provides participants a detailed explanation of privacy rights, the plan's legal duties with respect to protected health information, the plan's uses and disclosures of protected health information, and how to obtain a copy of the Notice of Privacy.
    Open Enrollment

    Open enrollment is the period of time when benefit eligible staff can make changes to their insurance coverage. You can add dependents, change plans or opt back into our insurance. Open enrollment occurs in April/May each year. Changes to the insurance take place on July 1 of each year for Administrative, Support, Project and Confidential Secretaries groups; changes take place on September 1 for Professional staff.
    Your Dependents

    If you are enrolled in the IU health benefits, you may cover your eligible dependents (proof of eligibility will be required).

    Eligible dependents for the Medical and Prescription Plan are defined as:
    - Legal spouse (as recognized under both applicable state law and the Internal Revenue Code), except as follows:
    For Professional, Support and Project, Technical, Specialist staff, spouses may not be enrolled in the medical and prescription plan if they are employed and their employer pays more than 75% of the cost of a Single coverage plan. 
    See form:

    - Dependent children who are your natural, adopted children, children legally placed with you for adoption, a child for whom legal guardianship has been awarded to you or your spouse, and stepchildren who are in each case, under age 26.

    Eligible dependents for the Dental and Vision plans are defined as:
    - Legal spouse (as recognized under both applicable state law and the Internal Revenue Code).
    - Dependent children (as defined ) above, up to age 19, or up to age 23 if unmarried, a full-time student and dependent on you for principal support. For dependents aged 19 to 23, you must complete a student verification form for the CCIU Human Resources Department in June of each year to continue coverage.  The Dental provider United Concordia also confirms student status annually.

    A disabled child age 26 or older may continue to be eligible if s/he is incapable of self-support because of any mental or physical condition. The child must be unmarried and dependent on you for principal support. An Application for Handicapped Status must be approved by the insurance carrier.

    Adding a Dependent to your Insurance Coverage

    If you are adding a newborn child, send your request to the Human Resources Department with a copy of the child's birth certificate within 30 days of birth. When you receive the child's social security number, please forward the number to the Human Resources Department.

    If you are adding a legal spouse, send your request to Human Resources with your spouse's full name, date of birth, social security number, and a copy of the marriage certificate within 30 days of marriage.

    If you want to add a dependent to your coverage other than during open enrollment or due to the reasons listed above, please contact Human Resources directly.

    Delete Dependent

    If you would like to remove a dependent from your health coverage, you must submit your request in writing. Your request should include the dependent's full name, the reason for removal and the date coverage through the IU should cease. If you are deleting a dependent due to divorce, you must submit a copy of your divorce decree with your request.


    Once you are legally divorced, your spouse is no longer eligible to be covered under your health insurance. Notify the Human Resources Department immediately to remove him/her from your policy. You will need to provide a copy of the divorce decree. Your ex-spouse will be sent a COBRA application giving them the option to continue their health benefits. Please provide the Human Resources office the mailing address of your ex-spouse. If you fail to remove your ex-spouse from the policy within 30 days of the divorce date, you will be charged for the additional premium to carry your ex-spouse.

    Birth of Child

    See adding a dependent.

    Opt-Out of Insurance Coverage (Full Time Professional and Service Personnel Only)

    If you opt-out of the health insurance coverage you must complete a new opt-out form during the Open Enrollment period each year. Reimbursement for the opt-out will be paid the following June for service personnel and in August for professional staff. Bargaining unit members whose spouses are also employed by the CCIU may not receive opt-out payments in lieu of health care benefits.

    Opt-Out of Insurance Coverage (Full Time Administrative, Project, and Confidential Secretaries)

    If you opt-out of the health insurance coverage, you must complete a new opt-out form during the Open Enrollment period each year. Annual opt-outs begin July 1 of each year. Reimbursement for the opt-out will be paid semi-monthly. 

    Flexible Benefits - Flex 125 Plan

    WageWorks is our Flex 125 plan provider.  An FSA allows you to set aside money for eligible expenses on a pre-tax basis.  There are three types of FSAs available: a healthcare account, a limited purpose spending account for dental and/or vision only (for those enrolled in the QHDHP medical/prescription plan) and a dependent care account
    Open Enrollment will be held in April/May for the upcoming plan year, which will run July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022. 
    FSA account balances and claims processing are available through the web portal:
    WageWorks website or through the WageWorks mobile app.
    • If you experience a qualifying life event and wish to change your flex election during the plan year, a change status form must be submitted to Human Resources within 30 days of the qualifying change. Please call our office at 484-237-5085 to request a form be sent through Frontline Central. 
    Contact the WageWorks Customer Service Line at 1-877-924-3967, for the following:
    • Claim denial questions
    • Inactive and frozen debit cards
    • Order a new debit card
    • Report lost or stolen debit cards
    • Website username and password reset
    • Other questions regarding eligible expenses or more information

    Family Medical Leave Act

    The Family Medical Leave Act will provide all eligible employees up to 60 working days of unpaid, job-protecting leave and requires group health benefits to be maintained during the absence. An employee must have been employed with the IU for at least 12 months and worked at least 1,250 hours during that 12 month period in order to qualify for the Family Medical Leave Act. The leave may be used for the following reasons:
    • The birth, adoption, or placement of a child in foster care
    • The care of a spouse, child, or parent with a serious medical condition
    • A serious medical condition of the employee
    • Service member Family Leave
    • Qualifying Exigency Leave for Military Family Leave


    Unpaid Leave
    To provide for instances when a staff member must be absent for a reason other than paid sick, personal, vacation, military or sabbatical leave or qualified Family Medical Leave (FMLA), staff members are responsible for submitting requests for unpaid leave to Human Resources at least two weeks prior to the dates of leave, using the Unpaid Leave Request Form. This form can also be completed digitally through Frontline Central. Please contact hrleaverequests@cciu.org to request a form be sent to you.
    For instances where the request for unpaid leave falls within 2 weeks of the dates of leave, the staff member shall use the Retroactive Unpaid Leave Form. This form can also be completed digitally through Frontline Central. Please contact hrleaverequests@cciu.org to request a form be sent to you.

    Contact Human Resources for more details on either FMLA or unpaid leaves of absences.

    The Cobra provision allows employees and their eligible dependents to continue their health coverage after the termination of their benefits. Contact the Human Resources Department for additional information.


    HIPAA is the acronym for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. The act’s primary purpose was to make it easier for employees to continue health care insurance with minimal disruption when changing employers. However, there were many other significant parts of the legislation, including the nationalization of claims procedures and improvement of accountability. The Privacy Rule is just one part of the accountability rules.

    The Privacy Rule creates national standards to protect an individual's medical records and other personal health information. The CCIU has adopted a number of practices that ensure compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule. The procedures adopted due the HIPAA requirements can be downloaded and viewed by clicking on HIPAA Employee Letter.

    The intermediate unit has also established a mechanism to allow the reporting of any matter that may be an issue of non-compliance with the intermediate unit’s HIPAA Privacy Policy.

    Resolution of Privacy Complaints for Protected Health Information.

    HMS/Health Advocate - Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

    HMS/Health Advocate is an employee assistance program (EAP) that offers confidential counseling and referral services to help employees and their eligible dependents successfully manage life's problems. The phone number for HMS is 877-240-6863. Visit HMS/Health Advocate - Employee Assistance Program (EAP)'s website.

    Workers' Compensation

    If you suffer a work-related injury, your health, safety, and well-being are our first concern.  For immediate medical attention, proceed to the nearest Emergency Room or Urgent Care Facility or have someone call 911.  If the injury is of a less serious nature, please go to one of the approved workers' compensation providers. 
    1.   Contact SDIC, at 1-800-445-6965 to report your work-related injury and to obtain a CLAIM NUMBER.  
    2.   Please contact CCIU Human Resources at 484-237-5388 or hr@cciu.org to report the injury.

    The Human Resources Department will provide you with instructions for reporting your claim to the insurance carrier. You must treat with one of the
     2017-2018 approved workers' compensation panel of providers for the first 90 days of treatment to ensure payment of the claim from the carrier. You will be sent a packet of workers' compensation forms. These forms must be completed and returned to Human Resources as soon as possible to ensure prompt claim processing.  
    2020-2021 Workers' Compensation Packet

    For additional information on Workers' Compensation, please refer to the Dept of Labor & Industry Brochure.
    Employee Discounts
    CCIU employees are eligible for discounts at select businesses. 



    BJ’S Whole Sale Club

    Kristie Zoltek

    SAM’s Club

    Michael Tantillo

    Verizon & AT&T

    Ronnie Carrone


    Human Resources


    Employee Health Plans Benefit Assistance

    If you need assistance or have any questions regarding your benefit coverage(s) or claims, please contact The Reschini Group Employee Benefits Division at 1-800-442-8047; prompt 1 for Employee Benefits, then prompt 1 again for the Customer Service group.  

    Independence Blue Cross Medical Insurance

    Our medical insurance coverage is provided by Independence Blue Cross. The IU offers a choice of IBC Personal Choice medical plans to benefit eligible staff:

    All Groups:
    Support, Project, Confidential Secretaries, and Administrators:
    Personal Choice HDHP ($1,500/$3,000 deductible)
    HDHP/HSA Plan Frequently Asked Questions
    HDHP/HSA Information - including PNC Bank HSA through Blue Cross web portal
    For step-by-step details on Navigating the HDHP and HSA using the Blue Cross portal, please see
    Call Blue Cross customer service at 1-800-ASK-BLUE and ask for the spending account team
    HSA How To Documents:
    Effective Aug 2016
    Blue Cross On-Line
    Blue Cross subscribers can now register online to order new identification cards, check on claims, review benefits, search for providers, print out forms, and receive information on various health issues. Please visit Blue Cross to register. As part of the registration process, you will need to create a username and password. If you do not register online with Blue Cross, you can contact Blue Cross at 1-800-ASK-BLUE for information on claims and the Healthy Lifestyle programs.
    Estimate your Costs before you get care. Compare Costs and shop for the best quality and value.

    Blue Cross Mobile App  Available for iPhone and Android

    Download the IBX app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store and have easy access to your health info 24/7. Blue Cross Mobile App Flyer
    Blue Cross Website Support:  1-215-567-4002
    For any questions related to the IBC web portal
    Additional Medical Identification Cards
    To order additional medical cards, please contact Human Resources.
    SwiftMD Telemedicine Services
    SwiftMD is a telemedicine service that delivers quality health care directly to patients.  Covered employees enjoy access to high-quality, convenient medical care by Board-Certified Emergency Medicine and Family Practice physicians for minor, common illnesseover the phone or videoconference, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  Telemedicine allows the doctor to make a diagnosis and recommend treatment including sending in prescriptions to the patient’s pharmacy of choice, when appropriate. 
    This service is available to all employees and their dependents covered under the CCIU health plan. 

    View an informational flyer or visit SwiftMD Telemedicine Services' website for more information and to register. Please use CCIU18 for the Group Passcode.

    Locating a Personal Choice Provider

    If you need help in locating a provider who participates in the Personal Choice network, call the Health Resource Center at 215-241-3367 or 1-800-ASK-BLUE, or visit Blue Cross.

    If you visit an out of network provider, an Out of Network Claim Form is required.

    How You Can View Your Benefits
    To manage your health benefits on the go, download and use the Blue Cross smartphone app. Benefit materials are also available online through the secure and convenient website Blue Cross To review your member information log on to the website.   If you are not already registered, click on the Register link on the homepage and follow the simple instructions.
    How to view HSA Transaction history in Blue Cross
     To view HSA transaction history, log into the Blue Cross portal.  Visit the "claims and spending" area, followed by:
    1. Spending account summary
    2. Access your account statements
    3. Statements and tax forms
     Influenza Vaccine Reimbursement Form
    Use the Influenza Vaccine Reimbursement Form to obtain reimbursement if you received a flu shot of FluMist in a non-participating location.  Submit one form for each member.

    Blue Cross Blue Shield Global (formerly BlueCard Worldwide)
    An eligible Blue Cross/Blue Shield member can use this website to find doctors and hospitals outside of the United States, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands.  Blue Cross Global
    The BlueCard Worldwide enables IBC Personal Choice/PPO and Traditional members to receive inpatient and outpatient hospital care and physician services when traveling in the United States.  The BlueCard worldwide program includes medical assistance services and an expanded network of healthcare providers throughout the world.  BlueCard Worldwide Claim Form
    Blue Cross Identify Theft Protection Services
    IBC offers identify theft protection services to those enrolled in the CCIU medical/prescription plan and their dependents, at no cost.  The services are provided by Experian.  To access the services, refer to the Identity Theft Protection Services document

    Employee Healthy Lifestyles Wellness Program
    To help you and your family achieve and maintain a healthier lifestyle, the IU has teamed up with Independence Blue Cross to provide employees and family members insured through the IU health plan with additional opportunities and incentives to help meet their goals.

    For information on Blue Cross Healthy Solutions, you call 1-800-ASK-BLUE or you can visit their website.  for the Fitness reimbursement, smoking cessation, or weight management program. When you're ready to send your request to HR, please log into your Frontline Central account, go to "My Forms", then find the form under the "Forms I Can Start" tab.

    Effective July 1, 2014, the Blue Cross Healthy Lifestyle Program includes:

    Fitness Club Reimbursement

    Through the Healthy Lifestyles Program of Blue Cross you can receive reimbursement for up to $150 of your fitness center fees by completing 120 workouts during a 365-day period. If you meet the Blue Cross requirements, the IU will reimburse you for the difference in the cost of your fitness club membership - up to $800 per year. This reimbursement is for employees that are insured through the IU health plan. This reimbursement can be used toward the cost of an individual or a family membership.

    Weight Loss

    If you enroll in either Weight Watchers or a network hospital weight management plan, Blue Cross will reimburse you up to $150 for the cost of program fees. The IU will match the Blue Cross reimbursement after completion of the program.   This reimbursement is available by submitting verification of the Blue Cross reimbursement along with documentation of the program fees you have paid.  This additional reimbursement is available to employees, spouses and dependents who are insured through the IU health plan.

    Smoking Cessation

    Blue Cross will reimburse you up to $150 upon completion of a proven smoking cessation program. The IU will match the Blue Cross reimbursement after completion of the program and will reimburse you up to $750.  The reimbursement is available by submitting verification of the Blue Cross reimbursement along with documentation of the program fees you have paid.  This additional reimbursement is available to employees, spouses and dependents who are insured through the IU health plan.

    Apply for Additional IU Reimbursement

    Detailed instructions to apply for the additional reimbursement are located on the CCIU Healthy Lifestyles Reimbursement Form, or by contacting the CCIU Human Resources office at 484-237-5188. The IU reimbursement also provides for reimbursement of up to $25 per bike helmet upon submission of form with a copy of the receipt showing purchase of a bike helmet.

    Nutrition Counseling Benefit

    Beginning July 1, 2007, all employees and their dependents insured under the IU’s medical insurance are eligible to receive six nutrition counseling visits with a registered dietitian or physician per calendar year. The cost of this service will be at the same co-pay as a visit to your primary physician. 

    The purpose of the benefit is to support our members in establishing good eating habits that will contribute to a healthier lifestyle. We recognize the impact of a well-balanced diet on good health, and we are proud to offer nutrition counseling visits as a core benefit to our already comprehensive benefits plans.

    Participating providers for nutrition counseling can be found on the Blue Cross website at Blue Cross website or call Blue Cross directly at 800-275-2583.

    Prescription Drug Insurance Questions - IBC /Future Scripts

    Effective July 1, 2016 the Prescription plan moves to Independence Blue Cross and is administered by Future Scripts.  This program includes nationwide retail pharmacy participation, convenient mail order home prescription delivery, and access to your drug claims and pharmacy benefit plan information via the Blue Cross website.
    Copay tiers for all groups are: $5 for generic, $15 or $25 for brand-name drug, $40 for brand name if generic is available (1-month supplies);  90-day supply copays at Retail for maintenance medication are: $10, $30 or $50, or $80.   For non-maintenance medication, 90-day supplies may be available through mail order, paying 2 copays for a 90-day supply.
    If the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) was elected, copays apply after the deductible has been met. While working toward the deductible, the cost of prescriptions is the full retail cost per the Blue Cross contract rate.
    Independence Blue Cross/Future Scripts Plan Information:
    General Plan Information:
    Formulary Information:
    IBC/Future Scripts Prescription Plan Formulary
    On Line Drug Search:
    All support, project and professional staff are required to have maintenance medication filled as a 90-day supply after three 30-day refills at the retail level. A maintenance medication is a drug that is prescribed for an extended period of time to treat an ongoing or chronic illness. The 90-day fills can be set up as either Mail Home Delivery or pick-up at a any retail pharmacy.    If you are unsure whether or not your prescription qualifies as a maintenance medication, please contact the prescription member services phone number on the back of your Blue Cross ID card.
    Mail Order:
    IBC/Future Scripts Mail Order Form
    IBC/Future Scripts Home Delivery FAQ
    Mail Order Customer Service Team:  1-844-265-1706


    Specialty Pharmacy BriovaRx:
    Specialty medications are those marked with SP on the Formulary 
    Additional Specialty Medication not listed on main Formulary: Specialty Formulary
    BriovaRx Specialty Pharmacy Customer Service: 1-855-427-4682
    IBC/FutureScripts Excluded Drug List
    Pharmacy Processor Information:
    Bin #: 015814
    Your Prescription Drug Coverage and Medicare

    Notice of Creditable Coverage is being provided to you as required by federal law. The information in this notice applies to you only if you, or one or more of your dependents, is eligible for Medicare.

    If you or your dependents are not eligible for Medicare, this information does not apply to you.

    Vision Benefits of America Insurance Questions

    Our coverage is provided by Vision Benefits of America. Call 1-800-432 4966 or visit their web site at Vision Benefits of America. VBA has introduced a new e-Claims system which no longer requires a VBA benefit form when using certain providers. To use the new e-Claims system, log onto the website, determine your eligibility, then do a provider search in your area. All VBA providers who are capable of processing claims electronically will have their names listed in bold print. If you choose a VBA provider whose name is in bold, simply make your appointment, letting them know you have VBA coverage but will not be using the benefit form. The provider will render services and submit your order electronically. At this time, about half of VBA's providers are capable of using the e-Claims system. Employees who prefer to use the benefit form may continue to request claim forms from VBA, either by phone or through the website for any of the VBA providers. When ordering a claim form, you will be asked to provide your social security number, birth date, and zip code. The group number for professional, administrative secretaries, support staff and project staff is 788. The group number for administrators is 791.

    United Concordia Dental Insurance Questions

    Our dental insurance coverage is provided by United Concordia. The IU offers a choice of two different dental plans:

    1. United Concordia basic
    2. United Concordia basic with supplemental rider


    Manage Dental Benefits Online

    View the informational flyer or visit the United Concordia Website

    Additional Dental Identification Cards

    Call 1-800-332-0366 to request additional identification cards.

    Participating Dentists

    United Concordia does not provide a list of participating dentists. You can access their list of participating providers through their website. (our group is ADVANTAGE PLUS) or by calling United Concordia directly at 1-800-332-0366.

    Click here for Dental Claim Form

    Pre-determination of Benefits

    If you are going to have extensive dental work, you should have your dentist submit a pre-determination of benefits to the dental carrier. The carrier will send you a statement either approving or denying coverage for the service prior to having work performed. The statement will also provide you with the amount they will pay for the service and the amount of your out-of-pocket expense.

    Dental Claim Problems

    Call 1-800-332-0366 for claim problems.

    Professional Staff

    Certification and Salary Track Advancement

    For information, contact Marylou Starner at 484-237-5254