Teacher Leadership Academy
Students who are interested in becoming a teacher or pursuing a career in education would be a great fit for this program. With Pennsylvania currently projecting a teacher shortage, Teacher Leadership Academy (TLA) offers students real-world experience in Chester County school districts that will help set them apart as they pursue a career in education. This program prepares students to pursue post-secondary opportunities upon successful completion.Sample Career Skills
- Present original lessons to students in a Chester County school
- Learn how to create, write and prepare industry-standard lesson plans
- Develop an education philosophy based on a review of education theory and experiences received as part of classroom internships
- Create a professional portfolio that can be used in college applications
- Participate in mock interviews with current teachers and administrators in the field to gain experience for the future
Professional PortfolioStudents complete a portfolio based on current college format and participate in a job interview conducted by current and former Chester County Intermediate Unit administrators and human resources staff.
College CreditsOpen Dual Enrollment CreditsDelaware County Community CollegeConcurrent Dual Enrollment CreditsDelaware County Community CollegeClick here for more information on opportunities to earn college credit.
Students complete internships with certified mentor teachers in area public and private schools. Mentors teach all grades in all subject areas, including special education.