Acceptance into the Chester County Intermediate Unit Practical Nursing Program is based on the following set of requirements:
The course is open to any interested person who:
- Is a legal resident of Pennsylvania. (Residents of other states will be considered for admission; however, cost of tuition is increased for out of state residents.)
- Is a high school graduate with an official transcript from an accredited school or its equivalent (e.g. GED)
- Is in good health. Health related enrollment requirements also apply. See pre-enrollment/enrollment health policy in the Student Handbook for details.
- Is of good moral character.
- Has a sincere interest in learning.
- Manifests ability to learn as indicated by interview, references and transcripts.
Minimum scores must be achieved on the ATI Test (TEAS):
- The pre-entrance exam is administered at the Brandywine Campus and West Grove Campus. Students may elect to attend testing at either campus.
- Pre-entrance scores from other facilities will be accepted.
- Results of the pre-entrance exam must meet the minimum criteria for entrance. Remediation will be suggested as needed.
- The pre-entrance exam may only be re-taken twice.
- Applicants must wait one month (30 days) to retake the exam. If the minimum scores are not achieved, the applicant will not be admitted.
We highly recommend preparing for the test prior to your exam date! Find more information on the exam and helpful resources.
- Maintains required CPR certification from the point of orientation through active enrollment.
- Has a PA Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Cogent Educational fingerprint report.
- PA police criminal/child abuse/FBI Cogent Educational record will be evaluated by the director of the program on an individual basis.
- If the applicant has lived in PA for less than two years, a Department of Aging FBI Cogent background check will also be required. The Department of Aging FBI background check is also obtained through the FBI Cogent system but is different than the FBI Cogent Educational fingerprint report.
- Has evidence of legal immigration or citizenship to be eligible. We do not enroll students with F-1 immigration status.
- Mandatory drug screening is required for enrollment and may occur periodically while enrolled in the program.
Candidates for advanced standing in the Practical Nursing Program will be evaluated on an individual basis. Enrollment is restricted due to academic and clinical space availability. Contact the program secretary for more information at 484-593-5950.