Transition to adult life
Transition is the process of preparing students for life after they leave high school, including:
• Participation in post-secondary education
• Community living
A transition consultant is available to assist students, parents,and teachers in meeting these post-school outcomes. Transition Council meetings are scheduled in October, February and May. Training is available to assist teachers with writing the transition plan.
Countywide Annual Transition Events
• The High School IEP and College Success: How to Make It Happen Seminar for Parents and Students
• Shadow Day at West Chester University for High School Juniors and Seniors with an IEP
• CCIU College Fair: Making the Transition from High School to College
• Food for Thought: Entitlement vs. Eligibility Seminar for Parents
• Employment Expo
• Job Shadowing Day in cooperation with the Chamber of Commerce of Greater West Chester
Click here to access the PA Secondary Transition Guide.
to access the Chester County Transition wiki.
Consulting, training, and workshops are offered at no charge to Chester County school districts through funding from IDEA.