ASSIST is an assessment and intervention program for students who exhibit symptoms of Tourette Syndrome or related tic disorders. Utilizing proven research-based evaluation and intervention strategies, ASSIST works with students in their school environment to decrease tic symptoms and improve overall functioning and quality of life.
• Psychoeducation to identify positive and negative influencers
• Self-awareness training to self-monitor for early signs that a tic is about to occur
• Relaxation training to decrease general level of tension and discomfort
• Competing response training to teach a replacement response to the tic
• Social support for training of staff, peers and family members to improve success