Childhood Autism Team Check (CATCH) Team
The Childhood Autism Team Check (CATCH) Team is a collaborative approach to evaluating children from birth to five years of age for autism spectrum disorders. Collectively, the team provides recommendations from a medical, educational and behavioral perspective.
The CATCH Team was developed by the following administrative members:
- Chester County Department of Mental Health/Mental Retardation - Birth to three years (Early Intervention)
- Chester County Department of Human Services
- Chester County Intermediate Unit - Three to five years (Preschool Special Education)
- Chester County Providers
- Community Care Behavioral Health
- Regional Autism Center and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia - Developmental Pediatrician
Who is eligible to receive CATCH Team services?
Children from birth to five years of age who reside in Chester County may be eligible to receive services.
How can my child receive a CATCH Team assessment?
In order to receive CATCH Team services, your child must have an initial screening to determine the risk of autism. Please call the appropriate phone number listed below for an initial screening:
If your child is 0-3 years of age, please call Early Intervention (EI) at 1-800-692-1100 x 5948 or 610-344-5948 or 5949.
If your child is 3 to 5 years of age, please call Preschool Special Education (PSE) at 484-237-5150.
If the initial screening results suggest that your child may be at risk for autism, the EI or PSE staff will contact the CATCH Team to schedule an assessment of your child.
How much does it cost?
This program is free to all children who reside in Chester County.
Where are assessments performed?
CATCH Team assessments are performed at the Chester County Intermediate Unit, located at 455 Boot Road, Downingtown, PA 19335.