- Chester County Intermediate Unit
- CCIU Blog
NEW CCIU Driver Education and Testing Center Offerings
Posted by Kelsey Mattia, CCIU Communications on 6/10/2021
[Estimated Read Time: 1:54 Minutes]
The CCIU’s driver education services are the key to helping you become a safe and successful licensed driver!
Did you know that the CCIU offers Driver Education and Testing services for both high school students and community members in Chester County and beyond? Choose from Behind-the-Wheel lessons, an Online Theory course, a road test and other driving packages that will help prepare you to become a successful driver – and, we are excited to announce four brand-new Driver Education and Driver Testing Center offerings:
- Parallel Parking Lesson
- Overview: 15-minute Behind-the-Wheel lesson on how to parallel park.
- Cost: $30
- Adult Refresher Lesson and Test
- Overview: For drivers 18 years of age and older, receive a one-hour, Behind-the-Wheel driving refresher lesson before completing the on-the-road driver examination through the Chester County Intermediate Unit, a certified Pennsylvania Department of Transportation third-party driver testing center.
- Cost: $155
- Ready-to-Drive Package with Test During Final Lesson
- Overview: Discounted package including six, one-hour, on-the-road driving lessons with the on-the-road driver examination completed by the CCIU Driver Testing Center during your final Behind-the-Wheel lesson. Provides students a quick refresher lesson prior to beginning their test.
- Cost: $600; $662 for out-of-county
- Prepared Driver Package with Test During Final Lesson
- Overview: Discounted package including 30-hour Online Theory course and six, one-hour, on-the-road driving lessons with the on-the-road driver examination completed by the CCIU Driver Testing Center during your final Behind-the-Wheel lesson. Provides students a quick refresher lesson prior to beginning their test.
- Cost: $700; $762 for out-of-county; +$45 for 40-hour course
Learn more about our packages and pricing!
Additionally, we are excited to announce that we have launched a new driver services system for Driver Education students, which will streamline the process for managing and reviewing students’ driver education training.
With this new, user-friendly system, students will be able to utilize the following features, all from a mobile device:
- Schedule their next driver training appointment
- Cancel and/or reschedule an existing appointment
- Receive text message reminders prior to their scheduled appointment
- Keep track of their driving hours
- Review their driver training evaluations from instructors
We look forward to continuing to implement new and exciting Driver Education features and services so that students can continue on the road to becoming successful drivers!