- Technical College High School Pickering Campus
- TCHS Pickering Post
TCHS Pickering Post Blog
TCHS Pickering Post: February Edition
Posted by Kelsey Mattia on 2/3/2022
Although February is the shortest month of the year, it is chock full of things to celebrate. Along with American Heart Month, Black History Month, the Chinese New Year, Ground Hog Day, the Superbowl and, my favorite, Random Acts of Kindness Day, February is also CTE Month!
Did you know that as of December 2021, 53% of jobs in Pennsylvania required specific skills training? With that number increasing daily, and with only about 42% of PA workers trained at that level, PA is experiencing a skilled employee shortage.
Career and Technical Education (CTE) is instrumental in preparing students for high-wage, high-demand careers that are important to our nation’s economy. This month, I encourage you to take a moment to share the value of CTE in your child’s education. Here are five easy ways to celebrate CTE Month!
- You and/or your student can write a “thank you” note to your student’s sending school principal, school board or superintendent for supporting their choice to come to TCHS Pickering!
- Highlight a skill or project that your student has as a result of his/her CTE program on your social media account! Don’t forget to tag us @MyTCHS on Instagram or @PickeringCampus on Facebook.
- Share your student’s story on how CTE has impacted his/her education and career path to his/her teacher, principal or on our social media accounts!
- Talk to your friends, co-workers, family or other students’ families at your school about the value of CTE education. Volunteer at a course-selection night or open house as a parent representative!
- Send a note of thanks to your student’s CTE teacher. Being a teacher is awesome but can also be very challenging. Hearing the positive impact he/she is making is a great way to make someone feel valued!
Thank you for your continued support…and no judgement in also celebrating “Eat Ice Cream For Breakfast Day!” (February 5)
Principal, TCHS Pickering
So much to celebrate!
Student of the Second Quarter
Congratulations to the incredible students of quarter two! These students were nominated by TCHS Pickering staff to exemplify responsibility, excellence, accountability and leadership. Congratulations!
- Ana Flores
- Blaine Kugler
- Breona Gay
- Ellyn Kinkel
- Joshua Vargas
- Lizzy Singley
- Nic Sweeney
- Noah Byrne
- Wesley Elliot
Owen J. Roberts
- Caleb Arsenich
- Gavin German
- Kate Callahan
- Rachel Huss
- Robyn Schneider
- Sophia Cooper
- Angela Fetterman
- Brianna Suriano
- Cory McAdam
- Fallon Martin
- Isabella Marchozzi
- Jeffrey Cappelli
- Thomas Edes
- Saphir Ingram
- Ashleigh Beauregard
- Duncan Brooks
- Nate Wood
TCHS Pickering Students Have Skills(USA)!
On Friday, January 21, SkillsUSA advisors Mrs. Leigh Ann DePaul and Mr. Rob Caruso led TCHS Pickering students to Berks CTC to compete at a district competition. Congratulations to our students for an incredible performance!
- 1st place: Olivia Lampert (Conestoga)
- 2nd place: Kalia Lambert (Conestoga), Emma Friedmann (Owen J. Roberts), Victoria DiAndrea (Conestoga), Jeremy Schoenrock (Owen J. Roberts)
- 3rd place: Hannah McMillen (Conestoga), Katrina Stevens (Phoenixville), Victoria Houck (Owen J. Roberts)
Good luck to our future competitors on February 18!
TCHS Pickering Co-Op and Internship Opportunities!
Did you know that TCHS Pickering hosts thriving Student Internship and Cooperative Learning programs? If interested in how your student can get involved, please contact your student’s CTE teacher!
Some of the valuable business partnerships from which our students benefit include:
- Bryn Mawr Veterinary Hospital
- Devon Veterinary Hospital
- California Closets
- EC Fence and Iron Works
- Remax Real Estate
- Limerick Veterinary Hospital
- Hopewell Family Practice
- Penn Medicine Radiology
- Ducklings Early Learning Center
- Chester County Electric
- Liberty Electrical Services
- Kolb’s Farm Store
TCHS Pickering’s Social Media Accounts
Want to see all the great things happening at TCHS Pickering, OR, want share some projects or great photos of your student here at TCHS Pickering?! Follow and tag us at:
- Facebook: @PickeringCampus
- Instagram: @mytchs
- February 10: Phoenixville Area Community Services Empty Bowls Fundraiser
- February 17: Penn College of Technology Dual Enrollment Visit
- February 18: SkillsUSA District Competition
- February 22: Nolan Printing will be presenting about his company and employment opportunities available to students now and post-graduation. They have a need for carpenters and painters!
- March 1: A. Duie Pyle will be presenting about their company and current employment opportunities available through them. They will also talk about their Future Driver Program and internship opportunities.
- March 14: The Goddard School will be presenting about the company, training requirements and the entry-level positions available.
Hire One Engineering & Manufacturing Student Job Fair
Hire One and the Manufacturing Alliance of Chester and Delaware Counties has partnered with Penn State Great Valley to organize a job fair for manufacturers. The job fair is being held on Thursday, February 17, 2022, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Penn State Great Valley campus in Malvern. Attendees must be 18 years or older in accordance with Penn State’s campus policy. This is a great opportunity for students interested in manufacturing to pursue a paid internship or full-time position with local manufacturers.
We are looking for parent volunteers for our March 1 Open House! Please consider volunteering your time to speak to potential incoming families about the TCHS Pickering experience. If interested, please call the school at 610-933-8877.